Legal or Liable
When does joking go too far? What are acceptable boundaries for interaction between genders? What about the gray areas of perception and intent? What can a manager do to control the workplace? Issues like these challenge people at work every day. Employers today need to ensure that staff understand the organization's stance on discriminatory behavior and are trained in what is acceptable behavior in their workplace. When in place, an organization can protect itself from many of the worst accusations of discrimination and hostile environment.
Legal or Liable is an interactive workshop designed to ensure that your managers understand appropriate workplace behaviors as well as their responsibilities and the risks associated with creating a perceived or potentially hostile working environment. This workshop examines how to give feedback to staff to achieve maximum positive impact on productivity. The workshop will also reinforce the value of a diverse workforce.
Facilitate managers' understanding of:
- How to avoid legal landmines
- What is acceptable behavior in the workplace
- Ways to manage a multicultural workforce
- The effect of culture on communication
- The business case for diversity
- Understanding the laws and managers' roles and responsibilities.
- Recognizing workplace harassment.
- How to effectively communicate with staff.
- What is unacceptable behavior in the workplace?
- Steps to take when informed of or made aware of an incident of harassment.