"What's Going on Here?"
Change & Communication
© Penguin Human Resource Consulting LLC
So many of the changes imposed on us in the workplace seem to come out of left field. This is only one of the reasons that people seem to be "resistant to change". The way to address this perceived resistance is with open and ongoing communication.
"Every change is not an improvement,
but every improvement is a change."
- Frank Patrick, A.Y. Goldblatt Institute.
What's Going on Here? reinforces the value of open and honest communication as a means to understanding change in the workplace. Continuous development of communication skills contributes to making change a positive experience and helps us deal with a changing work environment.
- Acknowledge the changing workplace and how we respond to it.
- Identify specific types of communication challenges.
- Recognize the things we do that impede communication.
- Develop strategies for communicating with people and dealing with change.