Creating a Respectful Workplace
When does joking go too far? What are acceptable boundaries for interaction between genders? What about the gray areas of perception and intent? Issues like these challenge people at work every day. Employers today need to ensure that all staff know the organization's stance on discriminatory behavior and are trained in what is acceptable behavior in their workplace. When in place, an organization can protect itself from many of the worst accusations of discrimination and hostile environment.
Creating a Respectful Workplace is an interactive workshop designed to ensure that your staff understand appropriate workplace behaviors as well as the responsibilities and the risks associated with creating a perceived or potentially hostile working environment. The workshop will also reinforce the value of a diverse workforce.
Facilitate associates' understanding of:
- What is acceptable behavior in the workplace
- Working in a multicultural workforce
- The effect of culture on communication
- The business case for diversity
- Recognizing sexual and other forms of workplace harassment.
- What is unacceptable behavior in the workplace?
- What each employee or associate can do to create a respectful workplace.