Sexual Harassment Awareness
When does joking go too far? What are acceptable boundaries for interaction between genders? What about the gray areas of perception and intent? Managing staff today is a challenge like never before. Understanding workplace regulations is difficult, and there are even more complex issues that are not covered by laws.
Managers today need to have a clear understanding of their responsibilities under the law. Employers need to have a solid policy in place regarding harassment, ensuring that all staff know the organization's stance on discriminatory behavior and that all managers are trained in what is acceptable behavior in their workplace. With these policies and practices in place an organization can protect itself from many of the worst accusations of discrimination and hostile environment.
Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention is an interactive workshop designed to ensure that managers and staff understand appropriate workplace behaviors and the risks associated with creating a perceived or potentially hostile working environment. Through exercise and discussion participants will explore the boundaries and gray areas surrounding these often-misunderstood issues.
- What behaviors contribute to a hostile environment?
- The definition of sexual harassment.
- Legal guidelines.
- Potential effects of sexual harassment.
- Group discussion of specific cases.
- Preventive practices and summary.
At the completion of this workshop, managers and staff will have an enhanced understanding of:
- Acceptable behavior in the workplace.
- The legal definition of sexual harassment.
- The impact of sexual harassment on an organization.
The workshop will include some or all of the following modules:
- What is Sexual Harassment?
- Risky Business: a look at various behaviors
- Harassment Policies: a manager's responsibilities
- Sexual Harassment Case Study
- Steps to Prevent Sexual Harassment